Monday, July 7, 2008

BLOGGING IN MY DORM!!

Am I doing this blogging thing right? Haha, it seems troublesome. It's fun though. Well, I'm looking for a bus route to downtown right now.



At lunch today, I got into the building where they were serving pizza and of course I'm feeling alone. I decided I should just sit by myself, you know...who cares, I'm not here to meet anybody anyways. But everybody was with someone else!!! Except this one kid, so I decided to sit down with him. I started talking with him, and he's one of those kids who isn't self conscience whatsoever. Now, this is something I think we all need to have, but I'm trying to describe him without being rude...he basically doesn't care what he does or says even when most people are making fun of him. Half the time, I think he's blissfully unaware that other people ridicule him. So then I saw this one girl across the room sitting by herself...so I decided to give her some company. When I got there, I saw that she wasn't really alone because the girl she was sitting with was just looking at stands all the organizations had set up. Turns out the girl that was gone follows Christ...so lunch was exciting. I've met two Christians in the short day I've been here!! And what's even better is that God is leading these people to me...I didn't ever once actively search for another Christian...just because I was moved with compassion for the girl sitting alone, I got to meet a really cool Christian.

Well anyways, I'm going back to my dorm to look for a bus route, and I see that same kid I first saw in the auditorium hall where we ate...the first kid I sat with. So I told him what I was about to do, and as I was walking into my dorm room about to shut my door, he says, "Hey do you think I can come?" UGH!!!!! Why? I've been wanting to do this alone for a while. But the way he said it...he just sounded so alone. So the verse that has been popping up into my head all day, kind of the theme for the day, maybe my life...hopefully for my life is Matthew 25:40 "The king will reply 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." So, I'm about to go explore downtown with this kid Jonathan, lets see what God has in store for him!!!

No comments: