Saturday, July 26, 2008

Cornered and overpowered with words and honesty.

I guess I consider myself a decent writer. I can usually paint a pretty vivid picture in an audiences mind using both abstract or concrete sentences. The writing I do here isn't writing. I'll assure you that. I think my favorite abstract idea I've done in writing recently has to be a description of tree's in the wind (I'm quoting myself, don't judge me. God gives me the ability to write, so per se, I'm quoting God)

"She can’t help but become hypnotized by nature’s beauty and the soft raindrop melody the treetops forever play as the wind composes her score."

I try to emphasize sentence fluency. If you can't read through a whole piece of literature fluently, it automatically turns the reader off. So that's my first emphasis. I think the second most important factor is word choice. When I do a serious piece of writing, I DETEST using words that have low comprehensive levels. It makes me sound unreliable! If you've ever received a text from me, you can see that what I value in writing also applies to texting. spelling annd gramer is a huge thing 2 me 2

haha

I think anybody who writes has to remove themselves from their own reality, and put themselves into their subjects small world. That's how I begin EVERYTHING I write about. I try to be more colorful in my writing when I'm engaged in dialogue simply because I'm not writing in place of someone else....I'm writing exactly how I feel. I'm able to grasp what I'm going through, how I'm feeling, what I'm thinking, and turn them into a scaled down model of any given experience. It isn't easy, but it's fun.

When God speaks to me, I'm often left speechless. I just don't know what to say. But when I do find words to say, they're usually very simple and small statements like "take control" or "you are my Savior." Or a simple "Thank you, I love you." When I hear Him speak to me, it's enough to bring me to my knees in tears exclaiming how much I love Him. So it's not out of the ordinary for me to be rendered speechless when I hear from God.

But today was the first time a human said something to me so comforting, relieving, honest, beautiful, and loving I am still, to this very moment, left with nothing else to say. And the things I said back in response were things this person already knew. I felt defeated, as if I were cornered and overpowered with words and honesty.

I can tell you one thing though...I love being cornered and overpowered with words and honesty by this person.
There's just nowhere else for us to go after that.

No comments: