Typing up a full 4 page movie analysis on what could possibly be one of the most puzzling thematic films ever produced in only two days kind of makes me sick of writing....but I still love doing it.
Well I apologize to the ones who read my blog every now and then...I told you guys I would post what it was I did on Saturday on Sunday...but I didn't....so yeah.
Anyways, a lot has gone on in these 5 short days, and I want to share with you some of the highlights!!! On Saturday, I went back to downtown with intentions of getting a brand new board so I could finally skate the spots in Downtown instead of just drooling over them....well, I needed to find this skateshop I had heard of called A-front. All I knew was that it was near the Aquarium restaurant just right under I-45. So as I was walking in that general direction...I noticed some people skating at this one spot across the street from Tranq. So I came up to one of them and asked them where I could find A-front.
Well, you know when you start talking to someone but you don't hear a word they say because they either, look oddly familiar and the whole time they're talking, you're trying to figure out WHO IT IS YOU'RE TALKING TO!!! Or they look like a celebrity and you wait for just the right moment to tell them who they look like and ask them if they get that from a lot of people. Well the guy I was talking to looked a lot like this skateboarder named Guru....he's been in a lot of skateboarding mags and so, the whole time he was talking, I was debating on whether or not I should ask him if his name was Guru....if it wasn't, I would end up looking like an idiot...if I didn't ask, I would never really know if it was Guru or not. So I didn't ask and I went on my way to find the skateshop....to make this long part of the story short, I ended up heading towards the skateshop but turning around to go back downtown because the further I went down the street, the more ghetto it became. I ended up going back to the place where I was given directions and then I was given the chance to ask his name...and it was in fact Guru. And a guy from Temple was there too. Anyways, I eventually decided I should try to find the skateshop again....I WAS TIRED OF THIS WALKING....So about a mile of walking later, I found it, set myself up a board and then started to head back to the bus terminal. On my way back I started getting super hungry...so I turned around to go back towards the inner city to go to Burger King....an oasis in the desert. Seriously, it's the only place open past 5 p.m.. So on my way there, I pass by this homeless man. He was sitting upright on a curb sleeping. His body looked as though he had just walked out of a concentration camp...his body was covered in what looked like lashes, he was covered in smog and dirt, his beard was matted...as well as his hair. So I continued on my way to Burger King. All I thought was, "Ah well, he's just a hobo." God's thoughts were different. As the space grew larger between the homeless man and I, the more I heard God speaking to me telling me to turn around. It's as if God used each inch to pierce my heart, injecting it with conviction...the further I got, the more my heart wrenched. I finally stopped and turned around. Following the Holy Spirit's command, I asked the man if he'd like something to eat. The emptiness on his face filled up with radiant joy. That's when I heard God tell me, "You see Correy, this isn't just some hobo, he's a child of mine, who I love very dearly." Moved with God's compassion, I was given the chance to share with this man, the message of Jesus Christ. By the end of our dinner and talk, I believe I saw tears hanging on for dear life, clinging onto his eyelids. I think he was trying so hard not to cry...
His name is Richard and about 12 years ago, he lost his job as a bricklayer and ever since then, he's been on the streets of Houston. Please pray for this man. Help him find the Way, the Truth, and Life.
Another thing I need prayer for is that I utilize EVERY opportunity God gives me in my mission field here in Houston. Because sometimes, I just don't have faith in God. In fact, every opportunity we pass up to share the Gospel to the lost, we don't have faith in God. Our fears become so large, it blinds us from seeing how much larger God's love is.
Well, I'll keep you guys posted on the mission field here in Houston.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment